Osteopathic Physician Assistant Application Process
You may access the online application for license as a Physician Assistant, including a Practice Agreement with a supervising physician (if already known) by using the Continue button at the bottom of the page Article 14A of the WV Code and Title 24, Series 2 (Legislative Rules) encompass the Rules and Regulations governing Physician Assistants. They can be located online at:
We would advise you to research these and make a copy of them for yourself for future reference. Also note that they include the policy for prescriptive privileges.
With the application, you will also need to:
- mail or upload a copy of your original National Certification certificate from NCCPA, as well as a copy of your current renewal certification
- arrange for a transcript to be sent directly to the Board office from the School where you attended the Physician Assistant Program
- download a Certification of Physician Assistant Program form
- forward it to the Physician Assistant Program you attended for them to complete and return to our office
- download a License Verification form
- fill in the top portion with the pertinent information
- copy and forward it to all states in which you are or have been licensed for them to complete and return to our office
- mail or upload documentation of name change (e.g. marriage certificate or divorce papers)
- Note: If your name has changed, and any of your licensure documentation shows a different name, you will need to provide documentation of this change (e.g. marriage certificate or divorce papers).
- upload a recent (within 60 days) passport quality color photograph
- if only applying for a license, submit a $100.00 application fee (paid only once, either by the Supervising Physician, the Physician Assistant, or the company for whom you will be working)
- if applying for a license and a Practice Agreement, submit a $200.00 application fee for the license and Practice Agreement
- if applying only for a Practice Agreement, click here to download the form and submit with a $100 fee to the Board office
- submit a processing fee that is 2.25% of the total fee
- Effective July 1, 2017 any new applicant must obtain a criminal background check. Pursuant to West Virginia Code § 24 CSR 2-3.3.j. Present to one of the 31 IdentoGO Centers in West Virginia www.identogo.com or MorphoTrust in South Charleston, West Virginia. Advise them the reports are to be sent to WV Board of Osteopathic Medicine. The cost will be $44.50.
If you have any questions, please contact our office.